Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/08/21

FLU

Thanks for your answer.

I haven' t felt this bad for so long! Also, I dont EVER remember having had all 4 things together in one go, sinus, throat, chest &  ear! I had no idea how bad my chest/cough was until Fri night last week! Up till Tues last week when I started getting signs of cold/flu I haven' t had ANY flu problems this whole year, never mind winter! This is my first sinus-related problem I have had since my op, which in Oct this year will be 2 years! My mom has been very sick, so I guess I got it from her. She went to our gp' s locum 2 last week and decided to go to our doc Tues this week as she wasnt feeling better. She was taking the same as me but only for 5 days. Our gp changed her antibiotic to Ketek and did a blood test - he figured she had this ongoing microplasma bronchitis - confirmed this am - she is feeling better, but she has to go back tomorrow. My problem is I am still coughing a lot, especially at night, which is so irritating! But I finally finish my Augmentin tomorrow night - I have had enough of being sick now - I just want lots and lots of rain - August is so terrible - dry, dusty, windy. Roll on spring and the lovely thunderstorms!

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Hi Anxious
I've also been praying for rain, there are roadworks near us and clouds of dust all over everything! Try Benylin with codeien or Phensedyl for the night time coughing. Are you taking an immune booster?