Question
Posted by: Mica | 2009/05/08

Flowers of Sulphur and Acne scars

I was advised by a nurse at work that i can buy flowers of sulphur and mix it with a teaspoon of honey for my acne scars. I have been using differin to get rid of my acne which has cleared very well but i am now left with the scars. She advised me that there will be a lot of gas and it will smell realy bad, i don' t have a problem with that but i' m uncertain that ingesting the yellow powder is even allowed or if this will work at all. Can i actually swallow that stuff? Will it work at all? isn' t there another alternative like using this as a mask other than eating it. Please help i really want to do something about my scars but do not want to go through any surgeries, peels or debrasions.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Mica

I do not agree with this treatment and cant see how ingetsing it will help treating your scarring at all. Topical sulpher is however effective in treating, amongst others, acne due to its keratolytic, antifungal and antibacterial activity.

7
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/09

I use to have pimples they r gone but I have scars my face is a disaster um no longer confident. I tried lot of things but they just can't go. Pleas can I use flower of sulphur n how do I use it?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/22

Hi i brought flowers of sulphur from my local produce shop, can you just put flowers of Sulphur in capsules & take them with water, please HELP

Posted by: Tarien | 2015/09/21

I drink a knife tip of flowers of sulpher every morning I use to get bad boils and got recomended to try that and it works like a charm. I even stopped using it for a while the boils came back and as soon as i started to take it again it faded away and I dont get them aslong as i take my knife tip full every morning its tasteless just the texture is funny and it swallows much esier than epsom salt!

Reply to Tarien
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/22

U can use it as a mad I'm a beauty therapist but u should only use it on wear it he scars or acne are on ur face do not apply on all ur face as it is to strong

Posted by: Mandilakhe | 2014/07/16

My face have pomps nd sports how cn ifound this flowers of sulpur

Reply to Mandilakhe | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/21

At any pharmacy

Posted by: Mandilakhe | 2014/07/16

Reply to Mandilakhe