Posted by: Edie | 2011-11-21

Hallo DR

I have been feeling quite " off"  the last couple of weeks. I''m not sure whether it could be my bloodsugar levels or maybe low blood pressure. Because even after I have eaten I feel faint and my head spins. (Maybe drop in sugar, although it''s a " balanced meal" ). I''m 35, ave height ave weight. a Bit of sleep shortage due to babies. Starting slowly with exercise, so except for running after babies I''m a bit unfit. My joints have also been very painful, initially I thought it could just be after LO was born (8 Months old) and that the joints are just going back to normal, but now it''s getting worse. In my fingers and wrists, my feet are so sore as well, all my joints, really. Could it be gout or maybe more serious like arthiritis. I have been wanting to go to the Doc, but just have not had the time.

If there is something I could just try in the meantime, I would be happy, because as I''m sitting here (JUST SITTING) I feel like I''m going to pass out right now! I had lunch at 1:30. Could it be the heat? Dehydration? (Maybe I''m not drinking enough water as I should be, although I''m drinking about 1.5 lts with coffee and tea and juice??

What else could it possibly be?

There are a multitude of possible causes for your symptoms. I therefore, suggest that you consult a doctor for blood tests to exclude conditions like anemia, chronic viral infection, metabolic disease etc. Your doctor will also have to test for arthritis. Gout generally affects a spesific joint and I therefore do not think that your symptoms are due to gout.