Posted by: Kerry | 2013-02-11

Flirty sister-in-law

My husband''s brother''s wife gets very touchy with my husband after she has had a few drinks, she hangs all over him and gives him little kisses and my husband doesnt do anything about it. i spoke to him about it and his response was that she is like that with everyone when she is tipsy. but it makes me uncomfortable and i have watched her, she only does it with my husband, none of the other women''s men. i told him to put her on her place and tell her to stop doing it and now he thinks im being unreasonable. Am i being unreasonable asking him to do this, i know she is family and my husband would never cross the line with her but it hurts me when i see her put her hands all over him all the time.

Is it ONLY with your husband that she gets so flirty, or is it the nearest male ? He seems to think she aims at anything in pants ; maybe its only when she aims at him that you really notice. It really isnt unreasonable to ask him to tell her to cool it. He may feel this means you dont trust him even though you do ; apparently the res of he family see this as vular but harmless. It doesnt sound like something you really need to let yourself get bothered about
As Michaela says, this is bad manners, and maybe you can calmly and pleasantly tell her yourself that this upsets you even if she thinks of it as harmless, and that it doesn't make her look good in front of other people. It also sounds as though she drinks too much -- when you start misbehaving, you've drunk to much, however much or little in terms of volume, you've consumed

Posted by: A Guy | 2013-02-12

From A Guy''s perspective it''s one of two options:

1. They''re having an affair and when she gets tipsy she can''t help herself but flirt with him. He doesn''t stop her because he likes it.

2. They''re not having an affair but she is making advances in order to have an affair with him. Again, he doesn''t stop her because he really wouldn''t mind. In this scenario and affair is imminent...yikes.

Reply to A Guy
Posted by: Michaela | 2013-02-11

Maybe you should tell her yourself if your husband refuses to do if for whatever reason. Such behaviour is in very bad taste and unacceptable to most people. If she cannot behave when she is tipsy, maybe she should not drink! What does her husband say about it? It''s especially with women like this that you should not let your guard down, she may be family, but she is still a woman and who knows when little kisses may turn into something else. Nip this BS in the bud now, don''t leave it and if your husband gets angry with you, then so be it. He should be man enough to tell her to take a hike and behave herself. Has he for one minute thought how his brother may be feeling about this?

Reply to Michaela