Question
Posted by: Beth | 2010-02-08

Flighing during early pregnancy

Hi Doc,
I' m due to travel overseas to the UK in 2 weeks time. I' ve just found out I' m pregnant about 5 weeks. I' ve suffered an ectopic in the past and am concerned about flighing overseas even though my GP says that it is fine. I' m going to see the gynae at the end of next week.

If the pregnancy is normal, will I be alright to travel? Once in the UK I' ll be staying with family (wedding of my brother) and have a British passport and able to access NHS if needs be.

How early on in my pregnancy can it be found out whether or not it is ectopic or normal?

Thanks in advance!
B

You can usually find out if the pregnancy is in the correct place by 6 weeks. If there are no complications, you should be okay to fly.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-11