Question
Posted by: PVS | 2011/02/03

Flem

Good day Doc. I have alot of flem on my chest but i am not sick. I drink cough medicine from time to time to get it out but it doesnt seem to work for long, I had ashma when i was a baby boy +- 20 years ago but was " cured"  of it. What can this be and what can i do to get this away as it effects my sport as i find it difficult to breath at some times. Im 23 years old.

Hallo PVS
You may still have underlying asthma if you still have a tight chest from time to time. It may be worthwhile doing a lungfunction test to check. If you don't smoke the phlegm could be due to a low grade chronic bronchitis and your doctor may need to order a chest x/ray and send some sputum to the lab to check.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/03

Hallo PVS