Question
Posted by: Es | 2010/03/05

Fleas

My daughters dogs are covered in fleas, when I bath them blood actually comes off their bodies. I have been bathing them every Saturday but seem to be fighting a losing battle. They do lie around in the sand to keep cool. Cant use Top Spot because my daughter has a toddler who touches the dogs - what else can we try

Dear Es

Flego for carpets and outside areas, frontline for dogs as well as capstar tablets. Use them all together to get the best results.

3
Posted by: tracy | 2010/03/16

Flego is fantastic! I spray it on the kids bedding/carpets as the dogs are always in their rooms. Advantix and capstar are also great! I bought the flego online - google it  -)

Reply to tracy
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/03/07

Dear Es

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Joe | 2010/03/05

Fleas are a problem - I had problem with our 2 dogs - Vet recommended Advantage - is a spot on - but I also questioned safety of my 2 kids - Vet told me to apply in the evening as the kids go to bed, and by morning the coat is dry - well - 2 years down the line in Durban area, treat monthly as a precaution - and have only seen 1 flea on 1 dog this year - probably picked up while walking - important I was told is every month treatment to kill the whole life cyle - some areas can be clean in shorter time - coast - continue with treament long term.

Reply to Joe