Posted by: Jo | 2009-01-24

Hi- my sausage dog must be going crazy. I' ve Frontlined her, Shampooed her, washed and sprayed her bed. At a loose end- she cannot stop scratching herself. Mainly on her tummy and chest. Poor thing- l dont know what else to do. Should l dip her? And if so what is a good product. The vet doesn t seem too helpful- just recommends Frontline?
Is there anything you can suggest. Should l throw away her bed?
Thanks .

Dear Jo

Use frontline every 2 weeks, capstar when you see fleas and flego for carpets.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-24

No, keep her bed.

Switch to Advantage for a while. Buy a couple of capstar tablets, they work instantly, and use them at the same time as you start the Advantage. Get either a home defleaing product, or some ordinary flea powder (pulvex isn' t bad, get it at Pick ' n Pay, it' s a LOT cheaper than the fancy stuff) and sprinkle it on her bed as well as on any carpeting in your home - leave for a few hours (walk it in!), then vacuum, and repeat every couple of days for a while, to catch the new baby fleas. Leave her bed out in the sun now and then.

If your dog has an outdoor kennel, drag bedding out into the sun frequently too, and powder the inside. My eternal source of fleas here is a smartass cat that sleeps in my dogs'  kennel at night (while they recline on their comfy indoor beds...) - it nearly got caught the other night: high drama!

Reply to Chill