Question
Posted by: Lala | 2010-09-15

Flea Treatment

We are going away for the long weekend to a place which is infected with fleas because the owners dont treat their dogs. I have 2 Yorkies and the one is allergic to fleas. Even 1 flea makes her mad and she gets skin rash as well. I plan to treat them with Advantix early next week. Is there anything else that I can treat her with (like oral medication) ? Thanks for the advice.

Hi Lala

See if your vet will dispense you some antihistamine or prednisolone tablets to cover for this period. I suspect that you will encounter a flea problem especially if the other dogs are infested.

2
Posted by: June | 2010-09-15

Ideally treat them with Advantix or Advantage 4 to 5 days before - spread over whole body by he time you get to the property with fleas.Fleas will still jump off but are affected withiin minutes. Also check with your Vet as Cybervet says.

Reply to June
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-09-15

Hi Lala

Reply to CyberVet