Question
Posted by: Miekè  | 2010-06-07

Flea collars, powders

Dear Doc

We use flea and tick powder on our dog, aswell as n flea collar, is this dangerous as i am 25 weeks pregnant.
My husband puts on the powder, and i avoid touching the dog when she just had powder, also not touching the collar.
Will this harm my baby?
Thank you!

Hallo Mieke
Most of the flea/tick powders contain a poison that can be absorbed through the skin, but if you do not touch the powder, and wash your hands after handling the dog, it should not be a problem. When you have your baby it may be safer to dip your dog with Pulvex once a month instead of using the powder, to prevent baby from ingesting possible powder.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-07

Hallo Mieke