Question
Posted by: Hormonal Hellga | 2010-01-25

Flaxeed and Menopause Test

Hi Cyberdoc

I currently find myself in menopause hell.
Have to do another 21 day blood test to conclusively confirm it, but there seems to be no doubt. I started bleeding (just a brownish discharge which has now stopped, I guess that was the period. I want to know if I can take Flaxseed - as I see it contains the precursor of the hormone prostaglandin. Will it affect the hormone test at all. Its for dry skin. Currently I am on 60mg Cymbalta and 3 Urbanol per day. I feel pretty down and have been ripping jugulars out all over the place (and threatened to resign at work). I may not be a candidate for HRT, so that is just wonderful. I just can' t help wondering what bliss awaits me in this case. I' m 44. I point blank refuse to go through the next 10 years or so like this. I cannot believe how this thing hit me, there was me planning it at 50 and to take it in my stride. Yeh Right!!! If you have a full hysterectomy does that help with the hormonal thing, I know you still have hormones, but does it help overall? I have no Estrogen so they say, literally.

Tx

Dear Hormonal Hellga
Rather avoid the flaxseed supplement until after your blood test. Having a full hysterectomy won't help reduce the menopausal symptoms. Try taking Vit B6 100 mg per day for a few days and then reduce dosage to 50 mg per day, and add calcium supplement - it may make you "safer" to be around!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-25

Dear Hormonal Hellga

Reply to cyberdoc