Question
Posted by: Mich | 2012/03/16

Flatulence

Hi Doc,

Is it possible that a person can fart so much, im so embarrassed coz I don''t do it in front of my husband. Is there some sort of over the counter medication that I can use to make it less, please help!!!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Mich

I suggest trying some LP299V tablets. Probiotic therapy using Lactobacillus plantarum 299v has demonstrated superiority to placebo in improving pain, regulating bowel habits, and decreasing flatulence. These are available from most pharmacies and does not require a prescription.

4
Posted by: Dawn | 2012/03/22

Find out what is causing it, then act accordingly. I went to a kinesiologist and the diagnosis was candida. Went off ALL sugars, yeasts, processed foods, and stress. All ok now.

Reply to Dawn
Posted by: Margaret | 2012/03/20

Definitely cut out anything with wheat, flour etc. e.g. bread, specially white bread, cake and biscuits!!!!!

Reply to Margaret
Posted by: Lynda | 2012/03/20

Try cutting out wheat i.e bread - definitely reduces flatulence.

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/03/19

Hi Mich

Reply to pharmacist