Question
Posted by: Lu | 2011-05-09

Flatulance

Hi there,

I am on nexium or a stomach ulcer and I went to the docter last week to get it checked out. She pushed my stomach and said there is no reason to be concerned it doesn''t feel like something bad is going on. After she did that I started farting constantly...like every second minute. I then got probiflora and it has made it slightly better....but it is still lingering around. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Lu

I would not be too concerned but it will be worth while to consult a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. This will determine if there is any serious pathology that has to be treated.