Question
Posted by: Riana | 2012/08/01

Flat feet

My son is turning 4 this month, our pediatrician brought it under our attention that he has flat feet. There is maybe 1cm difference between his inner feet and the floor. Should we take him to a podiatrist?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Flat feet could either be functional or structural in origin. Most babies are born with a fatty pad along the medial longitudinal arch (inside arch of the foot) I would recommend that you consult with a podiatrist with a special interest in paediatrics or consult with a physiotherapist that has a special interest in children and have done a NDT (neuro developmental therapy) course. www.podiatrist.co.za 0861 100 249 or www,physiosa.org.za

1
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012/08/02

Reply to podiatrist