Question
Posted by: PHOPHI | 2010/05/23

FLAT FEET

My daughter is four year old with flat feet. is it the right time to take her for operation.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Operations for flat feet are rarely indicated in small children, unless it is very severe and associated with significant pain. I presume that you are seeing a pediatric orthopedic surgeon to make the final decision.

2
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/05/30

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum
Posted by: Dr Crane, foot specialist | 2010/05/27

20% of the population have flat feet. Unless her flat feet are causing her pain, fatigue or effecting her walking , There is no reason to operate. If at soem stage in her life they begin to cause problems, it is not to late to sort out the problem then.

Reply to Dr Crane, foot specialist