Question
Posted by: Concerned Parent | 2009/08/13

Flat back

My son' s school recently had a specialist conduct spinal examinations at school at which my son had the following 2 conditions ticked, flat foot and flat back , but overall it was specified he has no problems . What I would ike to know it what exactly is a flat back , will this cause problems later on in my son' s life ? He is now 8.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

At 8 years of age there is still much development to take place. Proper posture should be advised and allow your son to participate in outdoor activities - swimming is specially good exercise for developing youngsters. A podiatrist may be able to advise - after examination - as to whether or not attention to his feet are necessary.