Posted by: thenet | 2012-06-04

flashing in left eye

Good day, today I had this flashing in my eyes, more in the left eye. It started with not being able to read info on my computer screen. Everything looked so bright, flashing. When I closed my eyes the flashing continued. This went on for about 20min. I started feeling dizzy. I really felt funny and could not focus my eyes on anything. Did eat enough today, did not watch anything that was flashing or flikkering. I''ve been working in an office, computer for 10years now and this never happened before.

You will have to consult an opthalmologist, as I am unsure about the cause for your symptoms.

Posted by: Migraine Sufferer | 2012-06-05

I get them as well, its called an aura. Its exactly like Sophie said, looks like a kaleidiscope (flickering mirror) Mine takes about 20 to 30 minutes to go away. Its not dangerous. Sometimes I get a migraine afterwards and sometimes not. Best of luck.

Reply to Migraine Sufferer
Posted by: Sophie | 2012-06-04

I have had this before myself and it seems to be caused by stress and I believe could be a ''painless migraine''. Is yours like a kalidoscope? I also couldnt see well. For me I would go and take a little walk and try and relax also took 2 panado and it helped me.

Reply to Sophie