Question
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/23

Flagyl???

Hi Doc,
Went to my Gynae the other day and she prescribed Flagyl.
Can you please tell me exactly what its purpose is?
For what medical condition would it need to be prescribe for?
Thank You  -)

It is an antibiotic used to treat an infection in some place.

Best wishesw

4
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/12/16

Im 34 weeks pregnant and have experiencing vaginal discharge throughout my pregnancy - this was a normal yellowish-whitish colour- it recently turned to a greenish greyish colour and more has been producing - is this harmful to my baby, my gynea said that I must Flagyl - please can I get more information on this?

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: stormy | 2008/07/23

yes it would. i hope you conceive soon. goodluck. just make sure you complete the course

Reply to stormy
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/23

Hi Stormy, thanks for your reply.
It really confusses me. I went for my annual check-up and all went well. I did however experience a little discomfort (tenderness) when she did the internal.
Hubby and I are ttc, which i informed her about, and she said the medication will clear things and restore my bacteria balance for when I conceive. Would that be correct then?

Reply to CE
Posted by: stormy | 2008/07/23

its for infections when i had a miscarriage my gynae gave me that so that i dont get an infection

Reply to stormy