Posted by: Friend | 2009-02-04

My friend has just immigrated to where I am, So her family are staying in my house for a week or so, until they move into their own house.
My friend always complained about her hubby. BUT now in my house, I can see what she means. This man abuses this poor lady, emotionally and mentally.... It is absolutely extreme. I have never seen anything like it before. He would never even concider counciling or anything of the sort. She has 2 children with him.
I never in my wildest dreams could imagine that a man could be so horibble.
He is killing her slowly.
How can i help her????

Could you have a quiet word with him, saying that you find it offensive, while they are in your home, for him to be so nasty to his wife ? And quietly advise your friend to speak to POWA or some other group helping abused women, to get support and advice on how best to protect herself.

Posted by: Merl | 2009-02-04

First of all tell him to behave properly in your home and secondly you cant help your friend, she needs to make certain decisions for herself. I for one would never tolerate somebody staying with me to behave in such a manner!!!
good luck

Reply to Merl