Posted by: ptrtheradical | 2008-11-05

flabby thighs

i' ve lost a lot of weight, 185lbs, and my thighs are seriously flabby. they were liposuctioned but as i' m learning if i gain wt it goes to my thighs first. they are like giant sacks of hanging flesh and i' m beginning to have back aches and other problems.
i' m wondering what kind of ailments are associated with having thighs like mine. i need to understand what kind of problems will or could develop.
thanks. prichard/auburn, wa

There are no specific ailments and your problem is very common - everyone battles with weight in specific areas. The problems associated with high body fat and weight would in theory include diabetes, cardiovascular problems like high cholesterol, increased risk of coronary artery disease, hypertension (high blood pressure). But if you are normal weight and body fat, with a tendency to gain weight in one area only, like you have, then these problems are not as severe. They still exist, of course,a nd for that reason, any reduction in body fat and weight is beneficial (within reason, that is), so you might consider methods to combat that. I'm not sure what your history of exercise and diet is, but that's the way I'd go. Liposuction reduces the problem temporarily, but lifestyle changes are much, much more effective in the long-term, so that's where you need to find the solution.