Question
Posted by: Overweight | 2012/05/02

Flabby

I am a Plus Size lady, who needs to loose a lot of weight (around 40kgs). I know I need to change my eating habits and be more active, which is easier said than done, especially with a small baby - but I am concerned about loosing the weight and then having flabby bits everywhere. Is there anything I can do to avoid the flabby bits?

Dear Lady
Although most people who lose very large amounts of weight, do tend to have loose skin afterwards, researchers recommend that you lose the weight slowly and steadily while simultaneously doing an increasing amount of exercise. Your exercise needs to be divided into aerobic or cardio-type exercise which helps with the weightloss and shaping exercises which help to tighten slack muscles (e.g. doing sit-ups will help to strengthen your tummy muscles and prevent belly sag). You can also discuss this matter with a plastic surgeon if you find that you have a great deal of loose skin and there are some beauty salons that offer treatments to tighten up your muscles and give you a more sculpted look.
Wishing you all the best

2
Posted by: Overweight | 2012/05/03

Sorry .... the flabby bits I''m referring to, is loose skin.

Reply to Overweight

Dear Lady
Wishing you all the best