Question
Posted by: FLABBY | 2009-10-09

FLAB

37YEAR OLD FEMALE, RECENTLY LOST 30KG' S ON WEIGHLESS. SIT WITH SUCH A HUGE AMOUNT OF LOOSE SKIN(FLAB) AND CAN NOT AFFORD PLASTIC SURGERY. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO FIRM UP OR GET RID OF THIS FLAB?

Dear Flab
Firstly congratulations on losing those 30 kgs with a sensible programme like Weigh-Less. You are a bright shining ****star****! Loose skin after pronounced weightloss as in your case can be a problem. You can try doing targeted exercises such as situps for the tummy, thigh rolls for the hips and thighs, etc. I have heard that most of the contestants in The Biggest Loser TV programmes, including the SA show, did have some plastic surgery after losing such large amounts of weight. But if you cannot afford plastic surgery then targeted, sustained exercise is probably the way to go. I would recommend that you consult a biokineticist for a basic programme that you can do at home.