Posted by: Sherry | 2011-06-27

Fixed term contract

I''ve just found out that I''m pregnant, I need to obviously tell my employers.

However, when I was employed (on 1 Feb 2011), I signed a Fixed term contract which expires end Jan 2012 valid for 12 months and then they will review it for a further period.

However, how does this affect me, and maternity leave as I will be due on 1 March 2012 and will have to go on maternity leave possibly middle Feb (still to be determined)?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

The fixed term contract would be reviewed at the end of the contract. This should have nothing to do with maternity. If they tell you that they are not renewing it because you are pregnant, then I would suggest that you have a claim.