Question
Posted by: Micky C | 2009/10/27

Fix the problem with my Penis head

Hi Dr
It is also hard to ask a question of this nature.
I noticed a mark on the head of my penis one day. A few days later I got a pain in the tube to my left testicle. The area on the head was sensitive and looked like a bruise. I went to my Dr who gave me meds and a cream and said it would be sorted out. I ended up going back twice with same problem.

He then sent me to a Urologist. Who I gladly went to so that I could try fix the problem. He had a look and tested me for STD' s and sent me for ultra sounds. All came back clear. He to gave me creams and meds but nothing worked.

I went to another Dr for a second look. same story. all tests came back clear. meds did not work.

It was recommended that I see a dermatologist and he did same story. meds and creams.

Nothing is working.

In general it looks like I have a small rash on my penis head. when I get excited the precum makes my penis get little red spots (like a rash). After sex my testicular tube is swollen and sore plus I get a burning sensation (more uncomfortable then anything else) on the mark on my head

Do you have any idea what the problem may be or who i should see to try get this issue fix. Its been to long long and its such a pain.

Please help me.

Thank you for your time.

Do you have any ideas?

Hallo Mickey C
I think you have 2 problems - it sounds to me as if you have a chronic epididymitis ( inflammation of the tube that runs from the testicle to the penis) and the lesion you have on the head of the penis may be lichen planus.

Chronic epididymitis can be caused by infections, certain medications (amiodarone), or an abnormal pain reflex in the area of the genitals, but in many cases the cause is unknown. Your doctors did the right thing to test for STD's and to do a sonar to exclude torsion of the testis. Treatment may vary from antibiotics, to anti inflammatories, even anti-epileptic or antidepressant medication ( these last two help for abnormal pain impulses) or cortisone injections. Rarely operation may be indicated.(http://www.medicineonline.com/topics/C/2/Chronic-Epididymitis/info/Treatment-&-Monitoring.html)

Lichen planus is also an inflammatory skin disease, and in 2/3 of patients the lesion goes away by itself in 2 years. Cortisone or tacrolimus cream may help for this.
(http://dermnetnz.org/scaly/lichen-planus.html)

I hope this helps!

2
Posted by: Micky C | 2009/10/30

Hi Dr
Thank you so much for the reply.
Your help means alot

Reply to Micky C
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/28

Hallo Mickey C

I hope this helps!

Reply to cyberdoc