Question
Posted by: Ann | 2008/08/28

FIV infected cat with sores

My cat (male) is fifteen years old and was recently (2 years ago) diagnosed with FIV. He has lost a lot of weight and has started getting sores on his body which he wont let me treat as he licks the ointment off. What is causing these sores and how can they be prevented or treated?

Dear Ann

These lesions are chronic and nonresponsive. The healing with these is very slow even with the most aggressive treatment. It is normally a Stap infection that is the cause. Can't be prevented. Treatment not always successfull.