Question
Posted by: cat lover | 2008-11-17

Fits

I' ve had my cat since 1994, female. She' s suffered from 2 fits recently as told by our vet. I was not around when this happened but my family took her to the vet the previous occassions. The vet gaver her a calming pill. What causes these fits in animals? She will just go crazy and run like mad around the house and saliva will be coming out of her mouth. We know this is different to her normal playful self running round the house. My sister said it was quite scary to see the cat like that.

Dear Cat Lover

The likely disease is epilepsy and the cause is unknown. If it gets bad she can go on life long medication.

1
Posted by: Chivaz' s mom | 2008-11-18

I can imagine this must be scary.
Our black girl Tash had Ashma and then got very ill- it turned out that she had brain damage.
She was also getting fits and then could not walk- it was very hard to see her like this- the vet put her down as soon as he saw her...
Good luck....

Reply to Chivaz&#39 s mom