Question
Posted by: Unfit Daddy | 2009-01-26

Fitness programme for home

I have been advised by my doctor that i should bring my weight down from 90kg to about 70kg, as i run the risk of deveoping type 2 diabetes (family legacy).

To this end I have purchased a mountain bike, that I try to use daily for about 30 mins. The bike should not be the only form of excersie. I would like to request a balanced work out routine for the home without any gym equipment to use daily. I do not have enough time in my day to go to the gym consistantly.

if there is any advice in this regard it would be highly appreciated.

Unfit Daddy

Have a look at the Fitness page of this site,a nd click on Programmes. Here, you'll find a range of programmes and any of them would do for you. Because you have a bike, that programme is the most obvious to choose, but also consider mixing them together.

one word of advice - don't focus too much on weight. The number on the scale is only part of the answer, and if you can get fitter, then regardless of weight, you'll be healthier. So I'd suggest you focus on fitness, then on weight, and just keep at it for the long term.