Posted by: Jayne | 2009-07-15

Fitness programme

Hi, there

I am 31 years old female and weight 63kg, i would like to go back to the gym after stopping for a while for fitness purpose and not weight loss, what should i consider, aerobic, treadmill, equipmentss?

Just want to be fit and healthy

Hi Jayne

Good for you! I'd suggest you have a look at the range of programmes available on the fitness site. If you click on "Programmes", you will see a range of them, catering for most interests. You're right about the kind of exercise - mostly aerobic or cardio stuff, like cycling or running or swimming or taebo, or all of the above, because it gives you some variety.

Remember that fitness is specific, so you could swim for an hour a day and get a good level of basic fitness, but you'd be swimming fit, not necessarily fit for something like running. That's another reason why a range would be helpful - then you target the whole body, get some variety and also develop all round fitness.