Posted by: supercharl | 2008-11-11

Fitness Plan Advice

Hi there,
I' m a female soccer player..well used to be!! And am attempting to regain my fitness to get back playing. I' m very stlight and despite the fact that I have an excellent diet I' m not quite as strong as I feel I should be. So just wondering if there are any other soccer players out there who would like to share their knowledge about how to bulk up so to speak without getting too huge!!! x

I hope you find some. My advice is that you need to get into a gym and get onto a programme with the intention of preparing yourself over the course of the next 10 weeks. The specifics of the programme are difficult to explain here, and they depend a great deal on your own starting point, what you have access to in terms of equipment and also how much time you have for training.

So my advice then is to get into a gym, and discuss with a trainer that your goals are to develop endurance, then strength, in that order. And then you have November and December to get going, so that in the new year, you're ready for soccer-specific training.