Question
Posted by: Dissapointed | 2010/11/10

Fitness Doc please

This is really dissapointing. Doc has not answered for more than a week. People often question him about his lack of responses then he utters something about a notification on the website that questions would be answered once a week. Well, it has been more than a week doc.<br><br>Let''s get better service here. Afterall this is the information highway, you could at least answer us once a day...

I am slowly but surely making my through the backlog, but thought I'd jump in here lest World War 3 start on the site with James' response!

I am sorry that I haven't answered your question (and others) within the week stipulated. Anything I say will sound like an excuse, but the reality is that I answer these questions when i can, and the "one week period" was put in there (not by me, but by Health 24) because I do travel a great deal in my paid jobs. Travel is unpredictable at best, and so for example, I am currently in the UK, but have been unable to get internet access for the last week.

Usually, when I'm away for work, I can still squeeze in 30 minutes every second day to work through your questions, but sometimes I can't.

And while I'm sorry it means you wait on occasion, I also can't be too remorseful about it (at the risk of sounding callous) because as James points out (a little too belligerently, but nevertheless, accurately), I am employed by other people, and myself, and so my time is not entirely health24's.

I therefore do the best I can, I usually manage, but in periods with a lot of travel, it gets difficult and then I fall behind. Just how it is, and I guess that's the price you pay, because you certainly don't pay any other price.

So I'll continue working through the backlog tomorrow (it's now 1am in London) and hopefully be on track, within that one-week period by the end of the weekend. And I'll keep on it from then on. In the meantime, if your vote gets off the ground, let me know how the results are looking.

Ross

4
Posted by: Fred2 | 2010/11/22

Dissappointed, it''s not just about money. Even if an online site paid such an expert a truckload of money, he would be giving up all the cutting-edge exposure he gets travelling and interacting with sports people and events around the world.

WHich is what makes him a great expert.

And worth waiting for. Why would you start a life-changing programme with no professional help or oversight at home or the gym?

Reply to Fred2
Posted by: Dissapointed | 2010/11/12

Thanks for the explanation doc. It certainly does make sense. I guess the real solution would be for health24 to compensate you for your time so that we can receive faster service. You are the best qualified man for the position.

It appears that it is beyond namecalling James's grasp that a one to two week waiting period on questions relating to fitness and weight loss, is a rather large chunk out of a 12 week program (this is the usual lenght on fitness or weight loss programs).

It is usually very difficult to stay focussed on these life changing programs. When it appears that you are not making progress and are looking for help, a week's wait could mean failure.

Reply to Dissapointed
Posted by: James | 2010/11/12

You ungrateful little prick...

Do you not realize that you''re getting a free service here, from one of the most respected people in the industry in the world, let alone South Africa. If you are so competent at the " information highway" , look it up, and you''ll find that Ross holds down 2 jobs, travels with international sports teams, lectures at UCT, runs a website - all of which are paying positions, making demands of his time. I read that site, and he is currently in the UK, hence the delay to your precious posts.

By all means take your little questions elsewhere, I''m quite happy to wait for what I don''t need to pay for, from someone who is volunteering his time.

" Once a day"  - you fool....

Reply to James
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/11/12

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc