Posted by: phinah | 2009-02-02

Fitness &  weight loss advice

Hi Doc, I started going to gym last year December 3 to 4 times a week.I am doing different cardio eg. treadmill, bike, walking, stepping and aerobics.Im 41 years, 1.72 height and 81kg. I dont loose weight, my breakfast will be fat free yogurt with cereal/ fruits, lunch: two fruits with tea and supper: two veggies, chicken with rice/ pasta. Is my eating plan ok? I want to be fit and loose weight as well. I am intending to be patient but it seems that i am starting to loose interest, please help

Hi Phinah

I can't comment too much, it's impossible to guess over the internet what the specifics are. And the specifics are important here. In terms of exercise, 4 times a week is good, that's what you need. What you do is really important. It sounds liek you're doing lots of cardio, which is important, but I can't comment too much on the details since I don't know them.

I think diet is where you might make a big impact, and while i hate to pass the buck, this is something you really need to see a dietician about, because they need to look at everything, not just the general eating plan. So I really would suggest that you see a dietician.

Just in terms of an exercise plan, check out the Fitness page of this site, click on "Programmes" and pull one of those off, because it might also just provided the structure you need in exercise to make it work.