Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2010-10-14

Fistula healing

I have an anal fistula and abscess, for which I have received three operations to cut the fistula open to allow for drainage. I am not sure if the recent operation has been successful, since drainage still occur frequently.

Is there any natural remedy that can assist the healing of the fistula? My doctor indicated that anti-biotics will not have any effect on the healing effect, and that it must heal from the inside.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Jacques

Hallo Jacques
No, unfortunately medication is usually not successful. The problem is that the fistula is a tube that forms between an anal gland and the skin, and the inside of the tube gets covered with skin cells, which prevents it from closing up (same thing happens when you pierce your ear - the hole never closes up because the skin covers the tract inside)So you have to cut open the fistula tract to create a "raw " area that can heal.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-14

Hallo Jacques