Question
Posted by: palpats | 2010/01/19

fissure

hi i need some advice i had an op for fissure 2yrs ago now its recurred again i need some advice why it happened again i spent a fortune 4 the op im in so much pain its like im passing glass it bleeds too is ther any medication which i can use im not constipated

Hallo Palpats
You don't have to go for an operation right away. One can try and treat this conservatively by using stool softeners, use nitrogliserine/ nifedipine ointment, and if that does not help, go for stretching of the anal sphincter under anaesthetic or botox injections in the anal muscle. Discuss with your GP or a surgeon.

2
Posted by: Me | 2010/01/20

Hi - I also have an anal fissure (one), a ' side effect'  of having a Vaginal Hysterectomy years ago - I have had two anal stretches (Day Theatre procedure under general anaesthetic) which helped for a while then the problem also seemed to re-occur. I have also been prescribed Sheriproct Suppositories which are excellent short-term for the inflammation / bleeding / healing, however, my fissure also still seems to ' flare up'  every so often. I have fortunately not had to go for an op.

Reply to Me
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/19

Hallo Palpats

Reply to cyberdoc