Question
Posted by: Fish | 2009/12/08

Fishy smell

everytime i make love with my husband the next two days not only does his sperm drip out of me but it also has a fishy smell? sorry for being so descriptive but i want to know whether this smell is obvious to anyone next to me as it is to me because i cannot stand it, also it is normal i.e. is there need for concern ie infection/std or sumthing rong perhaps? i guess there is no way other than to keep washing about 4 times a day to rid from the smell is there?

NB my last pap which i have yearly in JAn was normal!

Semen does have a characteristic odour. If you do not have any discharge at other times, it is probably not an infection.You can try getting as much out immediately after sex as you can.

7

Posted by: BRON | 2009/12/10

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! Its terrible! Its so strong i am sure others can smell it! Glad i am not the only one. Have always been very clean, and it only started happening with my husband, not previuos partners.

Reply to BRON
Posted by: fish | 2009/12/10

funny thing is i never realised it before in all the years it only this year, so sumthing changed. Hygiene has gotten better because of it so it cannot be purely a hygiene factor. I would assume its the mix of the fluid btwn the two partners and the fact that it stays inside for some time during the following day that causes this. I am now wondering whether we just dont have sharp noses or whether other people CAN smell this, how embarassing. I remember smelling it on someon long ago and she evidently admitted without us asking that she had been intimate that morning, i assumed she had not washed that morning but this smell is going on after washing and for a few days after one intimate session!!! must be an infection of sorts!

Reply to fish
Posted by: R | 2009/12/10

Maybe changing his diet would help. It must be something they eat, or medication that causes this.

Reply to R
Posted by: Valpre | 2009/12/09

I use panty liners daily for this smell so that I can just wipe and change to a new one, i hate that smell I don' t know what to do, i did pap smear thinking somthing is wrong but the results are fine

Reply to Valpre
Posted by: Lips | 2009/12/09

Me too ladies, I have resorted to asking my husband to use a condom. I once posted this question on the parenting forum and everyone was very disguted, i ended up thinking i was the only one.

Reply to Lips
Posted by: Chips | 2009/12/09

Hi Fish,

I have the same problem and found that the vaginal wipes that you buy in the supermarket work well. You don' t have to wash so often and they have a pleasant fragrance and can be flushed down the toilet. I also put perfume in between my thighs.

Reply to Chips