Question
Posted by: Noelene | 2011/09/19

FISH HOOK :-(

I am a bit concerned about my yorskire terrier. We went away for the weekend and our gardener usually takes care of them while gone but then he ate a fish hook from the neighbours garage (we stay in a cluster home with tenants in the one) and it was hooked in his mouth so they took him to the local vet which gave him anesthesia in order to remove it. When we came back last night he was still lifeless from the anasthesia. Fortunately he drank alot of water during the night but today i see there is no improvement whatsoever, if not worse. His one arm is badly swolen (where they put the needle in) and he doesnt eat at all. His nose is also very dry and he can hardly walk because of his arm. I did phone the vet and he gave my two painkillers which is also inflamatory. Is this normal for his situation or should i be concerned. The vet told me that he had lots of trouble removing the hook and that he is probably having alot of pain. Please tell me what to do.

Hi Noelene

Sorry for the late reply. Please revisit you vet and get your yorkie checked out. The inflammation could potentially cause an obstruction in the oral cavity.
Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/09/23

Hi Noelene

Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet