Question
Posted by: Jess | 2010/08/16

Fish

Hello,

Im not sure if you can help but i have just got 2 guppies for my daughter and recently the mom had babies, 8 survived and i put them in another little jar with treated water and oxgyen tablets (as i dont have a pump) and gave them some food. I didnt see any of them eat and within two days they were all dead and i dont know what i did wrong. I have never had fish before!~Now i looked at my mom fish last night and she seems to have changed colour??? The spots on her tail have totally changed colour from when i first bought her they are now almost black. Am i doing something wrong?

Hi Jess

Fish are known to change colour - this maybe infulenced by mood and/or external factors such as water temperature. Colour change can be stress induced so it may be necessary for you to have hiding places where the female can feel safe and secure.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/08/16

Hi Jess

Reply to CyberVet