Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2011/01/27

First visit to the gynae

Hi, I am 23 years old and I have never visited a gynae. I am not sexually active and have therefore never thought it necessary to have my first visit. I am on the pill because of previous skin issues and I noe feel that it may be the right time to go for my first general check up. What can I expect? Is it even necessary to go yet? I hope my hymen is still going to be intact after this? What do I ask the doctor? All I know is that I want to check for cysts and I want to know that I am healthy down there. Please Advise.

If you have never been sexually active and have no symptoms, there is no need for a gynae check-up. Cysts usually have symptoms such as pain or irregular periods.

3
Posted by: Nombi | 2011/01/28

Doe''s it help after the consultation with the gyno for peapsmear, i have noticed that i have warts. it''s been a long time i got it but i did went to the Doctor he give me some treatment but it didn''t go away.

Reply to Nombi
Posted by: BIki | 2011/01/28

Hi Sasha,
It is not that bad to go to a Gynae. Promise. I suggest you go to a female esp if it is your first time. But after your visit you will know if you feel comfortable or not. It is very important to visit a gynae at least once a year to do a papsmear and general checkup. Dont worry about the questions. The gynea''s usually take the lead and ask you questions. Go for it, you will see it is not bad at all.

Reply to BIki