Question
Posted by: Gybae Visit | 2009/06/23

First Visit

I know I should post this to Gynae doc.

I am going to the gynae next week for my first check-up. It will be one week before my period starts. During that time I normally have a brown discharge which is quite normal until my period starts. I want to know if this will upset the whole check-up just becuase of the of the brown discharge? It' s a very pale colour. It is usually a very white colour when I am not busy.

Thanks so much.

Dear Gynae visit
No, it will not influence your gyne examination. If you are menstruating and you need a pap smear it can make the smear difficult to read, but a slight discharge should not be a problem