Posted by: First time | 2009-06-22

First time visit

Hi doc.

I am planning my very first visit to the gynae soon. What can I expect? I' m 23 years old I am not in medical aid but I will pay for a consultation that includes a pap smear. How much do you think I will be looking at paying? In the meantime I need to find a good medical aid scheme

Thanks so much.

You could pay between R400 and R800.

Mapule, please post your question separately.

Posted by: cadi | 2009-06-22

hi Mapule , dont u think is too soon to decide such a drastic u mite need it. my sis had it becoz she had cancer of the womb. regards

Reply to cadi
Posted by: Mapule | 2009-06-22

Good day,

I am 25yrs of age living in Pretoria, Gauteng. I want an advise on how do I go about doing a womb removal. It is not related to any sickness but for the fact that I do not want to give birth or conceive, I saw irrelevance of it in my body. All I want to know is the advantage and disadvantage of the surgical procedure and the amount in figures if I were to pay cash, but I have medical aid, in case it cannot cover all the cost. Kindly via return email provide me efficient information.

Many thanks

Reply to Mapule