Question
Posted by: In Pieces | 2011/03/16

first step

Hi guys i thought id let eveyone know that i went to my psycologist meeting on saturday.it was an eye opening experience and i felt like i moved a step forward.the psycologist recomended that i send my daughter for counceling and referred me.her appointment is tonight as well as my second appointment.im just worried about how she will react to a strange person asking her questions?

Thanks for the follow-up, and clearly you will soon be mending those pieces back together again. She will surely respond as well to meeting her shrink, as you did with yours. It's ever so much more pleasant than going to the dentist ! Shrinks are trained, especially with children, not to become an interrogator, but to make easy conversation, making it comfortable for someone to reveal what they need to reveal, and receive the sort of advice they need.

1