Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2011-06-12

First Mammogramme - What to Expect

Good Day, GynaeDoc,
I''m now 46 and will be having my first Mammogramme in a week''s time, on Day 12 of my (very irregular) menstrual cycle. It is purely a routine mammogramme but I''m quite apprehensive about it as I really don''t want to be exposed to all that radiation for all for nothing (which I am sure is going to be the case). I''m just doing it to get the Gynae off my back.
My question is: What special preparations, if any, do I need to see to? For example, I remember Dr Mehmet Oz saying that one should avoid usind deodorant on the day of the mammogramme.

Many Thanks
Annelize

There are no special preparations necessary. s with pap smears, mammograms are done at your age to pick up breast cancer at an early stage when it is treatable.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-13