Question
Posted by: Syl | 2010/05/10

First gynae appointment date (pregnancy)?

Dear Doc

I did a home pregnancy test this morning and it was positive.

My last period started on 11 April. I suspect that I conceived on 26 April. So that would make me about 4 weeks pregnant now? Is my calculation of 4 weeks correct?

My question is, when should I book my first gynae appointment for? Should I go immediately or wait a while?

Thank you.

Yes, just over 4 weeks. If you have no medical illnesses or problems in previous pregnancies, then you can go between 8 and 10 weeks.

3

Posted by: cassidy | 2010/05/10

if you are experiencing no spotting or cramping then you can go see a gynae at 8weeks, but book it now in advance as gynaes are quite busy. CONGRATULATIONS

Reply to cassidy
Posted by: MG | 2010/05/10

Hi Syl,

Congrats on your positive test. I went to see the gynae at 6 weeks as I previously had miscarriages. You can see the embryo already then. I think your calculation is correct. You should then be 6 weeks on about the 22nd May. Try to see if you can book an appointment, sometimes the gynaes are really full and it may take a while to get one.

Good luck and enjoy this special journey.

Reply to MG