Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2013-01-09

First Gynae App

I''m going for my first gynae appointment and I also have to go for a papsmeer. Could you tell me if this is usually included in your first appointment or if its extra? I''m a private client so I can also have this done at my local pharmacy but would prefer to have it all done in one go.

Also, my GP and I suspect I I have PCOS, would a gynae usually just do a sonar or can I expect to have to pay extra for blood tests as well? I would like to budget for this.

Thanks,
D.

The pap smear is generally part of the consultation but you would have to pay the lab fee extra. I can't tell whether blood tests will be necessary. It would depend on your symptoms and the doctor's assessment.

3
Posted by: Debbie | 2013-01-10

I spoke to the receptionist and she said its R640 for the gynae, R400 for the sonar, extra lab fees for the pap smear test and then also extra for any blood tests. Good luck.

Reply to Debbie
Posted by: Landi | 2013-01-10

Hey ladies... why don’ t you call the doc''s office and ask the receptionist what the costs are? She will be able to tell you exactly what you will have to pay. Good luck :)

Reply to Landi
Posted by: Lolla | 2013-01-10

Hi Debbie

I am also a private client as i dont have medical aid. I am planning to see my gynea also for the first time next month. I also want to do pap smear and blood test, i dont know wether you have to pay extra.

Are you doing all this at a pharmacy?

Reply to Lolla