Question
Posted by: LJ | 2011/10/18

First Day of period

What is considered the first day of your period. ithis will determine the length of my cycle. currently i have discoloured discharge, and usually bleed a day or two after?

Do i count from the day of discolouring, or first site of blood?

Dear LJ

The discolored discharge maybe an indication of underlying pathology in which the menstrual blood has not been allowed to flow freely out of the uterus and this would require a full thorough investigation. The presence of endometriosis, adenomyosis or fibroids should be considered and a full hormone evaluation is also indicated. Abnormal hormone levels just prior to the expected menstruation may result in a disordered endometrium (lining of the womb) which can contribute to this problem.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/25

Dear LJ

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert