Question
Posted by: tstar | 2009-03-12

firming up tummy, butt, arms

Ok so I am totally happy with my weight and size-am turning 30 in two months and weigh the same as I did when I was 17. The only problem is Ive noticed my butt, arms and tummy are very soft. Im slim and eat healthily to maintain my weight. I am female.

My question is Ive started doing 200 sit ups, 100 glute exercises and 50 push ups every day. Im not the gym type, but do you think this will help firm me up?

HI Tstar

Sounds like some resistance training is what you need. I think you're probably on the right track with the exercises you've begun - you might be able to add a little variety to that in due course, and try to do more than just a straight sit-up, for example. Lunges are also helpful for the glutes and thighs, and so are squats. So they will help you.

But yes, this will help. It will take time though, so don't expect results in two weeks even. Give it months and see how it's going.

3
Posted by: C | 2009-03-16

From one female to another - I can vouch for squats, push-ups (straight, inner-palm and outer-palm), leg raises and crunches - it will firm you up really quick!

Reply to C
Posted by: Just wait | 2009-03-13

Be careful not to indulge and stop exercising. I was the same as you still weighing the same at the age of 30 etc.....just be aware from this age and up metabolism starts slowing down and gets worse every year. So whatever you do do not stop. Well done on all that exercise you are doing, keep it up, everything helps.

Reply to Just wait
Posted by: Boyscout | 2009-03-12

Hi Tstar

In my opinion the best overall body exercise out there is SQUATS! :-)

A lot of people hate them but thats because their form sucks and they usually end up injuring their knees or back. I love squats, they work your thighs, hammies, a s s, back, abs.....your body! Its a brilliant cardio workout too so it will definitely burn fat. When i do squats my heart rate is the same as when i do high intensity cardio. You dont have to do a full (a s s to grass/heel) squat either, a paralel squat should do.

You can add dips to your workout, they will help a lot for upper body in general but especially shoulders and tri-ceps.

Do you do these exercises at home?

Reply to Boyscout