Posted by: Jenny | 2008-12-25

Fireworks, how to protect my animals

My big dog, a mix between a Labrador and St Bernard about 45 kg are very scared of lightning and fireworks. I do not jwant to give her just anything, because I noticed this last week that she breaths fast. I first thought it might just be because of the heat but it also seems to be like that at night time when it has cooled down. Somebody suggested Rescure Remedy. Will this help and if so how much? And what about my cat? Can i give her something? Thank you so much!Hannli:)

Dear Jenny

Lots of thinhs on the market for fireworks, DAP diffuser, drugs , natural remedies, valium etc. Go to your nearest vetshop/vet and ask for advice.

Posted by: n | 2009-01-05

Eco vet' s eco fear works well and it is a natural product

Reply to n
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2008-12-25

See post 391 - Traveling with Dachsies. Your vet would be the best person to contact for the correct dosage of various drugs, sedatives, calming remedies for your dog. I have 5 dogs (15 cats) and 3 are terrible with thunderstorms, fire crackers, etc. You still have time on Friday to get to vet to buy muti before the New Year sets in. Give in plenty of time and don' r forget totell him weight of dog. I personally have both Clomicalm and Alzam 1,0mg for my big dogs - also put on some music or TV. I don' t find Rescue helps my dogs and my cats only get upset if my dogs get frantic. Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Cat Lady