Posted by: ME | 2009-04-16

I have been in and out of relationships, that men only used me, but now im happy and single.

I just want to say to all the unhappy people in relationships, to PLEASE whatch the dvd FIREPROOF i promise it to change your way of thinking and maybe just your life.

I'd be interested to hear the essence of what you found useful in this film --- and I am thinking of adding, later, to this section, some reviews of films I think people would find helpful --- I think the value of GOOD films is often under-estimated, as a way of enabling us to look at life differently and usefully

Posted by: Shells | 2009-04-20

I wasnt going to watch it because it is very religion orientated but we watched this on Wednesday night - it was so touching !

We are Christians but we dont like people who are always going on about the lord this and Jesus that and telling you to pray when times are hard - our relationship with god is our business.

Although the movie is religion orientated - even people who dont believe in that can get benefit from it - from the lessons it teaches about relationships and love

My two fav parts are the part where claeb says something along the lines about why should he keep trying when she shoots him down at every turn and the father replies saying that its kind of like what we all do to jesus and god - he keeps loving you no matter how often you disobey him, how often you denounce him, how often you ignore him or how often you disappoint him. He loves you regardless and that is real love.

And then when the wife finds the book and sees its 40 days and she askes what day he is on and he says 43 and she says but there are only 40 days in the book and he says who says I have to stop?

I got goosebumps - even my finace was impressed with the movie!

Reply to Shells
Posted by: debbie | 2009-04-17

all of us at work have had turns watching it and one girl went to get the book. Fantastic. i tried to get my husband to watch but he is so closed minded to any idea that will help our marriage

Reply to debbie
Posted by: LOL | 2009-04-16

The Story behind Fireproof
Fireproof begins with a married couple in deep trouble. On the verge of divorce, they are fighting and barely able to speak to one another in a kind manner. The young wife is struggling with an attraction to a man she works with who gives her the kind of attention she feels she is lacking from her husband, while her husband struggles with a pornography addiction which has helped lead to this sad state of affairs.

Caleb Holt, portrayed by Kirk Cameron, is the Captain of the local fire department and the movie involves some very moving and action packed scenes of the firemen doing their daily work in a heroic manner. His wife is working at a local hospital as a public relations representative for the medical work of the facility.

Caleb seeks out the guidance of his father who talks to him in depth about how his mother and he almost split up. Caleb is frustrated and angry, he feels there is no hope. They are planning to file for divorce. His father asks him to give him 40 days to try to save his marriage.

This is when Caleb’ s father sends him his own special handwritten copy of The Love Dare, a book which begins a 40-day journey to changing the course of your marriage.

Reply to LOL
Posted by: Phil | 2009-04-16

Will make a point of watching it this weekend. Can do with some help/direction right now.

Reply to Phil
Posted by: KK | 2009-04-16

I HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE, ITS FANTASTIC! Doc, perhaps you should watch it if you havent already!

Reply to KK