Posted by: anonymous | 2012-06-19

finpecia contra indications

I''ve started taking finpecia to combact hair loss.I need clarity around the warnings in the scheduling status for the drug.It states the following:

1)Finpecia is contra-indicated in women who are or may potentially be pregnant as it may cause abnormalities of the external male foetus genitalia when administered during pregnancy

2)finpecia is present in semen,male patients should wear a condom or otherwise avoid exposure of female sexual partners at risk of becoming pregnant

I''m not planning kids and using condoms for birth control,however my concern is that in the rare event of pregnancy heading the above warnings what are the resulting abnormalities of the male foetus?I''ve consulted a specialist and his advised there is a 1 in 2000 chance of the male penis opening being at the bottom rather than the front of the penis,this is in comparison to 1 in 2500 chance of it happening under normal circumstances (not using the drug).So the risk seems to be inherent and I was advised that this can be fixed by circumcision.Can you please confirm?

I am sure that your specialist is well informed.