Question
Posted by: My feelings | 2011/08/04

Finished with life

I am so fed up with people who tell me to buck up/cheer up/don''t say things like that etc/be positive etc. I have had a life time of hardships &  hurt and now I just want to die. I am not being a drama queen.......I really feel there is nothing to live for, future prospects are bleak, health has gone, and trying to survive on very little money is very difficult in these economic times. My feelings are MY feelings, this is the way I feel and I have a right to feel whatever I feel! I do want to die now, and pray daily for this to happen. So please let me be and don''t try to change my feelings!

Don't give so much power to other people who aren't worthy of it. Its interesting that you chose to post this pessimistic message, at a place where people are likely to want to be helpful in their responses, and insist that we must not even try, and must leave you to be miserable. Of course, as you are anonymous, we are not able to intervene directly, but you sound so depressed, and so much can and should be done to remedy that, that one wonders why you don't get energetically involved in therapy with a proper shrink. It could hardly make things worse than the situation you describe, and if it made things better, would that be such a bad thing ?

12
Posted by: IX | 2011/08/08

in these times many people are suffering in whatever form personal issues, financial strain, relationships etc and we just need to think of people that are far worse off than our own situation to realise that my persoanl problem is mild compared to others who are suffering. Look at the people in Somila where hunger &  poverty is their life righfully or wrongfully these people still go on with life. Appreciate the small things / feelings you have and try to make each day a better one. join a group, volunter to do some charity work in whatever form and make a difference. if you can''t change your circumstance than be the change.

Reply to IX
Posted by: ALONE | 2011/08/05

To the original poster:

I want you to know, even if this whole thing is a lie, if this is real and if you are a real person experiencing real pain and suffering, you are not alone.

I leave you with the below out of hope: -

Out in the street somebody''s crying
Out in the night the fires burn
Maybe tonight somebody''s crying
Reached the point of no return

Oh, my eyes they see but I can''t believe
Oh, my heart is heavy as I turn my back and leave

Like the eagle and the dove
Fly so high on wings above
When all you see can only bring you sadness
Like a river we will flow
On towards the sea we go
When all you do can only bring you sadness
Out on the sea of madness

Somewhere I hear a voice that''s calling
Out in the dark there burns a dream
You got to hope when you are falling
To find the world that you have seen

Oh - my eyes they see but I can''t believe
Oh - my heart is heavy as I turn my back and leave

Like the eagle and the dove
Fly so high on wings above
Like a river we will flow
On towards the sea we go
Out on the sea of madness

It''s madness
The sun don''t shine
On the sea of madness
There ain''t no wind to fill your sails
Madness
On towards the sea we go...

Out in the night somebody''s crying
Out in the night the fires burn
Maybe tonight somebody''s crying
Reached the point of no return

Like the eagle and the dove
Fly so high on wings above
Like a river we will flow
On towards the sea we go
On the sea of madness

Reply to ALONE
Posted by: THETRUTH | 2011/08/05

iTS vanity VANITY......we are all subjected to vanity.......

The only advice I can give you (the orginial poster) is to find the answer to vanity..............meaningless........find the answer because it is within you.........and enjoy the ride to your answer, because whatever answer you find belongs to you. And you can find it.

Try cocaine, i enjoy it.....why shoudlnt you?!

Reply to THETRUTH
Posted by: Jenni | 2011/08/05

Gee Lucy, but you are a bitch.

Reply to Jenni
Posted by: Lucy | 2011/08/05

So have you killed yourself yet?

ha ha!

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: Romany | 2011/08/05

Yes, and it is the WEEKEND Baby !!!!! YAYYYYY
Got no money, gonna do nothing, but looking forward to sitting in the Wnter Sun and weeding the garden before Spring comes.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Queen | 2011/08/04

So I assume you are hoping for a natural death he he he!

On the other hand, I''m looking forward to Spring. I love that season. Especially when the first flowers start to bloom! Oh and walking in the rain, nothing compares to that!!

Good luck with dying!!

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Posted on Facebook | 2011/08/04

The end of life... by Craig Reid on Monday, 25 July 2011 at 15:17.

In the past month and a half, two people really close to me, as well as a family member of a friend, have committed suicide. It''''s probably one of the most confusing and emotional tragedies to deal with. The people left behind go through a massive transition of shock, confusion, anger, and sadness. It''''s a little different to the anger felt when somebody dies in a car crash, murder, or a dreaded disease because you actually end up being angry at the person who you loved, the person who decided that ending their life was the only way out. This anger then leads to guilt at feeling angry at that person and a general lack of closure with the common feeling of "  there must have been something I could have done"  ...

It might seem to some that there is a something very wrong with our society the way it is built at the moment, with the sad fact that so many people are getting to a stage where they value their own lives so little. With all the pressures of modern humankind and the pace and expectations we set ourselves it''''s no surprise that it all seems a little too much to handle sometimes.

Having suffered with clinical depression in my early twenties I totally understand the feeling of being in a dark dead end alley feeling disconnected from the rest of the world, having no idea how to change your circumstances, and wanting to give up. I was lucky to have had a couple of people in my life that recognized the changes in my outward projections and I was able to find help and be put on medication and have counseling. I know full well that not everybody is able to have this kind of help in their lives, and a person close enough and intuitive enough to see the early warning signs. So this is for you, the person who can''''t see the wood for the trees, the person who thinks that it will never get better, the person who just can''''t go on anymore.

There is always a way. There is always a way. There is always a way. You might think that everything has just flat out gotten too much to handle and that nobody cares, and that ending your own life is the painless alternative to facing your demons. It is not. It''''s the end of your incredible ongoing chance to live, love and experience all the good things that you cannot see or sense at the moment, but that are in fact just around the corner.

You need to understand that the way you are feeling at the moment is just a perspective that you have cemented in your head through a series of events that have either hurt you - or have not gone according to your plan. Unfortunately it is normally a continuation and combination of many things that all build up and rewire the way your brain operates, these things seem like they keep taking you down a level at a time until you find yourself at the bottom and have no idea how to climb back up.

Start with the smallest of steps. Gratitude. I''''m not telling you to pray to a religious god and say thanks for all the stuff you thought was nice as a kid in preschool. I''''m telling you to express gratitude within for the little pieces of beauty that are irrefutably around us at all times. It could be the warmth you feel when the sun hits your face on a sunny Winter''''s day, or the sound of rain drops hitting the window on a rainy one. The way your favorite song makes you feel - even if it is sad you can still appreciate what the writer was feeling and how they turned their emotion into something beautiful. I''''m not trying to get all hippy and flower power on your here, there is just something incredible built into all humans that allow them to marvel at an old tree and wonder about how long it took to grow and how many things it has seen. Take a walk outside and watch other people going about their day, imagine the problems that they face on an ongoing daily basis and how they may be worse that yours and how they are managing to cope with it by finding pleasure in other things.

Acknowledge the fundamental truth that despite how sh*t you feel that there are people out there that love you and would be devastated if you were gone. Then talk to them, tell them how you are feeling, and ask them to go with you to find help with a professional. It''''s not embarrassing to want help from a person trained to deal with depression and suicide prevention, it''''s the bravest and most admirable thing a human being could do. Remember, your depression is the result of a perspective that you hold, finding a way to look at your situation differently will bring you so much joy and understanding.

For me, my journey back to the light of day was admitting that things were broken and realizing that I had to start over in many ways - from relationships with my friends, family, and girlfriend, to my financial situation and my material possessions. And you know what? I found it so exciting to release that burden off my chest and start again. When you start something over it gives you a different perception and a unique knowledge of how to do it better the second time round - a chance and an experience you WON''''T have if you end your one and only life. A life which was given to you by either an incredible and wondrous mix up of atoms, molecules and evolution, or by a supreme higher power. Take your pick between the two - they are both amazing and not the debate that I am pursuing here.

Ending your life is not a choice, it''''s a tragic waste of yet undiscovered potential.

With all my love,

Craig

Reply to Posted on Facebook
Posted by: Lucy | 2011/08/04

So just kill yourself then you whining bangee.

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: Romany | 2011/08/04

I am reading your post and I am thinking:-
People should just leave this person completely alone as he/she obviously is fed up with life and just cares about her own feelings and problems.
Just lock yourselfs indoors, ignore these people that are bothering you with their " caring"  and their " sympathy"  and hope that they get the hint and just go away so you can be alone, miserable and depressed until death eventually relieves you of your situation.
No offence, but hey, what can we say?

Reply to Romany
Posted by: ... | 2011/08/04

I dont understand, if you dont want ppl to comment, why voice your feelings then? If youre not crying out for help by saying these things, what are you looking for? Sympathy? help? what is it youre saying here?

Reply to ...