Question
Posted by: Kimberly | 2009/02/05

Finger sucking

Dear Dr,

My daughter is 10 years old and she sucks he finger at night, very badly I must say. I used to share a bed with her now I moved to her own room, because of the noise. How can I really get her to stop, at times the finger will bleed a bit. She stopped during the day but at times she will do it when we are not seeing her.

Dear Kimberley
this is a hapit and maybe also a way of soothing herself if she is stressed / scared. You could try painting the finger with bitter aloe ( ask the chemist) or buying her nice nailpolish to put on to discourage the habit. Do you think she is stressed?